Applications are NOW CLOSED for both Core and Industry Scholarships.
Applications for our Core Scholarships will reopen in Autumn 2020 for Cohort 3 beginning September 2021. Please check back for updates on recruitment to our Industry Scholarships.
Please APPLY ONLINE
via the University of Hull website. You will be able you to track the progress of your application and upload supporting documents.
You will need to set up a MY ADMIN account, which will allow you to track the progress of your application and upload supporting documents.
On the second page, all applicants choose ‘Aura CDT’ from the ‘Programme type’ drop down box.
Applicants for Industry Partner Scholarships should choose the appropriate research project title in the ‘Scholarship’ box.
With your application, you need to upload copies of the following supporting evidence:
- complete transcripts (and final degree certificate(s) where possible). If your qualification documents are not in English, you will need to supply copies of your original language documents as well as their official translation into English.
- current Curriculum Vitae.
- personal statement (please see guidance below on what you need to include in your statement).
Guidance on completing your personal statement
Your personal statement should be around 2 pages long. In your statement you should highlight:
- your interest in the Aura CDT (and research project for Industry Scholarship applicants) and how it fits with your career aspirations
- how your previous study links with the Aura CDT (and research project for Industry Scholarship applicants)
- why you have an interest in offshore wind and the environment, particularly if your background is in an academic discipline not included in the list above
- any reasons for specifically needing to undertake your PhD at the University of Hull, Durham, Newcastle or Sheffield (Core Scholarship applicants only)
- relevant work experience or other experience relevant to the Aura CDT (and research project for Industry Scholarship applicants)
- which of the Aura CDT’s main research themes you are most interested in and tell us why (themes listed here) (Core Scholarship applicants only)
- anything else you would like to tell us about yourself that makes you a great candidate.
Please also describe:
- any relevant research experience (such as a project completed during a previous degree)
- any academic work you have published or which is awaiting publication including venue/s
- why you believe you are the best candidate to study with the Aura CDT (and for Industry Scholarship applicants, why you are the best candidate for your chosen research project) .
International students must tell us about all prior UK study (whether completed/passed or not, including any short courses).