Applications are NOW OPEN for Cohort 2 starting study in September 2020.
Please apply by Sunday 2 August 2020.
Please APPLY ONLINE
via the University of Hull website. You will be able you to track the progress of your application and upload supporting documents.
With your application, you need to upload copies of the following supporting evidence:
- complete transcripts (and final degree certificate(s) where possible). If your qualification documents are not in English, you will need to supply copies of your original language documents as well as their official translation into English.
- current Curriculum Vitae.
- personal statement (please see guidance below on what you need to include in your statement).
Guidance on completing your personal statement
Your personal statement should be around 2 pages long. In your statement you should highlight:
- your interest in the Aura CDT and how it fits with your career aspirations
- how your previous study links with the Aura CDT
- why you have an interest in offshore wind and the environment, particularly if your background is in an academic discipline not included in the list above
- any reasons for specifically needing to undertake your PhD at the University of Hull, Durham, Newcastle or Sheffield
- relevant work experience or other experience relevant to the Aura CDT
- which of the Aura CDT’s main research themes you are most interested in and tell us why (themes listed here)
- anything else you would like to tell us about yourself that makes you a great candidate.
Please also describe:
- any relevant research experience (such as a project completed during a previous degree)
- any academic work you have published or which is awaiting publication including venue/s
- why you believe you are the best candidate to study with the Aura CDT.
International students must tell us about all prior UK study (whether completed/passed or not, including any short courses).