Applications to join Cohort 3, beginning study in September 2021 are open until 16 May 2021.
Application is via the University of Hull admissions system using the links listed below.
If you have not applied with the University of Hull before, you will need to set up an account to enable you to track the progress of your application and upload supporting documents.
If you are applying for a Core Scholarship, you make your application to one of the Aura CDT Research Themes, we are currently recruiting to four of the six research themes:
For our Industry Scholarships you are advised to review the project description thoroughly before making your application. To apply for an Industry Scholarship, please use the link below (ensure you choose the appropriate link for full-time or part-time study):
Dynamics of turbulent wakes in multiphase flows with LaVision (full-time)
Dynamics of turbulent wakes in multiphase flows with LaVision (part-time)
With your application, you need to upload copies of the following supporting evidence:
- complete transcripts (and final degree certificate(s) where possible). If your qualification documents are not in English, you will need to supply copies of your original language documents as well as their official translation into English.
- current Curriculum Vitae.
- personal statement (please see guidance below on what you need to include in your statement).
Guidance on completing your personal statement
Your personal statement should be around 2 pages long. In your statement you should highlight:
- your interest in the Aura CDT and how it fits with your career aspirations
- how your previous study links with the Aura CDT
- why you have an interest in offshore wind and the environment, particularly if your background is in an academic discipline not included in the list above
- relevant work experience or other experience relevant to the Aura CDT
- anything else you would like to tell us about yourself that makes you a great candidate.
Please also describe:
- any relevant research experience (such as a project completed during a previous degree)
- any written work you have published or produced (e.g. academic papers, reports)
- why you believe you are the best candidate to study with the Aura CDT
International students must tell us about all prior UK study (whether completed/passed or not, including any short courses).